Posted on 07-10-2015
Services and Techniques Offered by Our Knoxville Chiropractor
A Full Spectrum of Chiropractic Care
When you think of chiropractic treatment, you probably think of treatments for neck, shoulder, or back pain from a car accident or similar trauma. While it's certainly true that traditional spinal adjustments can relieve the pinched nerves and alignment problems that stem from acute injuries, modern chiropractic science also offers a great deal more. Our Knoxville chiropractor, Dr. Nathan E. Leavitt, makes use of a variety of advanced services and techniques.
One chiropractic adjustment most assuredly does not fit all -- different chiropractic techniques are optimized to produce results for different types of problems. Dr. Nathan E. Leavitt is skilled in multiple techniques, allowing him to choose the best technique or combination of techniques) for your particular needs. These may include:
- Thompson Technique - This technique utilizes an adjustable drop table so the chiropractor can work on specific spinal segments.
- Gonstead Technique - This method uses heat-measuring instruments and precise manual manipulation to achieve the most accurate and effective adjustments with the minimal effort.
- Diversified Technique - The "pop" sometimes heard by chiropractic patients occurs as a result of this technique, in which quick, high-velocity adjustments correct longstanding chronic misalignment or posture problems to restore full range of motion.
- Activator Method - A handheld device called an Activator makes it possible to diagnose very subtle alignment issues and then apply tiny, precise amounts of pressure to make the necessary corrections.
- Pettibon Technique - This technique places weights on the body, creating a counterbalance that strengthens the muscles responsible for good posture and spinal support.
- Electric muscle stimulation - Electrodes send pulses to relax chronically stiff muscles and boost circulation to aching tissues.
- Cold laser therapy - A low-level or "cold" laser harmlessly penetrates the skin, stimulating cellular repair and boosting blood flow to an injury site.
Learn More from Our Chiropractor in Knoxville
Contact our chiropractor in Knoxville to learn more about our services and techniques. We may have exactly what you need!
Have you experienced any of the techniques mentioned above? Which ones?
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.