Back Pain Chiropractor in Knoxville
Back pain can occur for many reasons and range from mild to severe. When you have back pain that does not go away, even with conventional treatments, chiropractic care can help.
At West Knoxville Chiropractic, our back pain chiropractor, Dr. Nathan Leavitt, offers safe and effective spinal techniques that help patients enjoy relief from persistent discomfort.
Common Back Pain Causes
Back pain itself is common, but it can result from a wide range of causes. Some of the more common reasons for back pain to occur include sports injuries, work accidents, car accidents and damage caused by wear and tear, especially over many years.
Other causes of back pain that occur often include subluxations that happen when the spinal cord does not have adequate room and sciatica, which occurs when there is too much pressure on the sciatic nerve. Accidents that cause back pain can do so from damage to spinal discs, muscles and other structures in the back. In some cases, back pain is due to overuse or repetitive use, such as frequent bending at work.
Chiropractic Back Pain Treatment in Knoxville
When back pain does not improve with medication or other forms of self-care, chiropractic adjustments can provide relief.
- Chiropractic adjustments are a form of back pain treatment that is noninvasive and promotes the natural healing process in the body. This realigns the spine and also promotes healthy nervous system function, which reduces the risk of having back pain occur again.
- Spinal adjustments, which are done based on different techniques, ease pressure on nerves, give damaged discs a chance to heal and reduce inflammation.
We might need to see patients for multiple treatments depending on how bad their back pain is and how quickly their injury heals.
Other Back Pain Treatments from Our Chiropractor in Knoxville
Our chiropractor in Knoxville, Dr. Leavitt, might also suggest other types of treatments to relieve back pain. Patients who keep having chronic back pain might benefit from spinal adjustments and other forms of natural treatments, such as massage therapy or stretches.
- Doing stretches helps muscles in the back grow strong and flexible, lowering the risk of damage or injuries.
- Massage therapy helps loosen up back muscles that are tense or tight, which helps make spinal adjustments more effective at relieving pain.
- We might also recommend making lifestyle changes to decrease the risk of injury, such as proper lifting or making dietary changes.
Contact Our Knoxville Chiropractor for Back Pain Relief
Dr. Leavitt will evaluate your spine and ensure that you receive effective treatment for back pain relief. This can help you get back to your usual activities and enjoy an improved quality of life on a day to day basis.
If you are struggling with chronic back pain that keeps you from your regular activities, contact our Knoxville chiropractor to schedule an appointment.