Posted on 08-14-2017
The Benefits of Seeing a Prenatal Chiropractor in Knoxville
Did you know that going to a chiropractor during pregnancy can help alleviate aches and pains often associated with being pregnant? Not only can visiting a prenatal chiropractor offer this benefit, it can also increase the chances of having a smooth delivery without any complications. If you're thinking about getting pregnant, or you already are, you should consider chiropractic care.
The Benefits of a Pregnancy Chiropractor
More than two-thirds of women experience lower back pain during their pregnancy. Pain in the back is often caused by an expanding uterus. When the uterus grows, many things take place. The abdominal muscles stretch, putting a strain on the back and there is a forced change in posture. Along with all this, the uterus might be pressing down on a nerve.
No matter what is causing the pain, a pregnancy chiropractor can help you find relief from many other symptoms:
- Natural headache relief. Headaches during pregnancy are caused by changes in hormones. Chiropractic care offers a natural, drug-free way to treat headaches and other pains during pregnancy.
- Massage therapy for aches. Treating common aches and pains during pregnancy is another service we provide at West Knoxville Chiropractic.
Not only is seeing a pregnancy chiropractor beneficial during pregnancy, it also offers many benefits for the delivery. Chiropractic care can help to:
- Align the pelvic bones making it easier for the baby to pass through the birthing canal
- Help the baby to get into the proper birthing position, including repositioning a breech baby
- Greatly reduce labor time
Getting chiropractic adjustments during pregnancy can also ensure that invasive measures such as C-sections, forceps, and other unnatural procedures don't have to be used. This, in turn, will reduce the risk of injury to the baby and helps for a shorter recovery time for the mother.
Contact Our Prenatal Chiropractor in Knoxville, TN Today
Are you pregnant and would like to take advantage of the benefits chiropractic care and massage have to offer? If so, contact West Knoxville Chiropractic at 865-287-5904.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.